Thursday 18 September 2014

OLIV-OH-MY-gosh


Going out to dinner is our all time favourite thing to do. Monk and I are total foodies therefore love trying new restaurants and indulging into delicious meals.

This weekend we had a dough be whammy celebration.... My leaving do (I'm off too the wonderful land of uni) and our friend Jodie's 21st. As a result we hit up our local fave Italian restaurant Olivos. There are actually 2 on the island, one in Newport and the other in Ryde. On this occasion we opted for the Ryde one and it certainly didn't disappoint. 

We skipped starter as I usually find it fills me up before my main, I chose the spaghetti marinara for main which was absolutely delicious if you're into having half the sea lurching on your plate (my idea of perfection!). The other girls chose a variety of pasta dishes, all just as delicious.

Here is a pic of my main drooool

For dessert Monk and I couldn't decide between the banoffee pie and apple and cinnamon cheesecake so we opted to share both; tactical thinking ;)

Brace yourself!!



Incredible right?! Both were presented beautifully and absolutely tantalising for our tastebuds! A definite reccomendation!

So if you're looking to eat out on the Isle of Wight then Olivos is a must try, we have been many times and always had a lovely experience. Also great value for money!! Or if you've been before and haven't tried these dishes then you're missing out.... Go indulge!! 

M&F xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment